Adventures in music creation

A place to talk about music and flamenco.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Ramirez sisters

My main guitars now are from Jose Ramirez III in Madrid Spain. My flamenco is a "blanca 1A" with pegs made with spanish cypress and a western red cedar top. It was made in 1970 stamped JMG inside. Her name is Gabriella.

My classical guitar is an R2 conservatory model also by Ramirez. It has an indian rosewood back with a western red cedar top. The body is slightly smaller than a normal concert classical. It has been fitted with tapping plated called golpeadores. They are used to protect the top from damage and also give a distinct snap when tapped with the fingernails. Her name is Ruby, pronounced Ru-beeee.

Both of these guitars were purchased from Fine Fretted Strings in campbell ca. Randy runs the shop there and is a wealth of info on spanish guitars.

I will post pics later .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Guitar Lessons

Guitar Lessons

I teach guitar at all levels. Styles taught are flamenco, blues, Latin, rock and new age. Electric or acoustic guitars are welcome. I teach students ages 10 years old to adult.

Contact Now
Brought to you by thumbtack.com