Adventures in music creation

A place to talk about music and flamenco.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sound engineer

I started out mixing for bands in the mid 70s & 80s. Did some recording as well using various semi-pro analog gear during those years.

Bands I have worked with:

USA starring Sam Mann on drums, Joe White on lead vocals and bass, and Alan Teman on guitar. Alan was my 1st real guitar teacher although I took lessons from Mr. Gelb at Gelb music on hawaiian slide guitar when I was ten or so.
Also I mixed for RoadRunner, Redvette, M80, Mary Wells, Axis, Head On, Ash Samara, and many now forgotten bands.

My nicknames were "SoundGod" and "Ear-thy". Helping me on the mixing console were Doug Sowers and Dennis O'melviney.

All these skills I am using on my current home studio. It's a Cakewalk based system with some outboard analog gear.

More on USA in a later blog.

TJ

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe White said...

Sound God indeed
Hope life is well with you Sir. You made us sound WAAAAAAAAY better than we were. You still playing that sweet "quiet" Harmonica you used to play on the bus?
Big Love,
Joe
http://www.joewhitemusic.com

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe White !!!!!!!!!!

please send me an email at
flamenco4me@gmail.com


Tim

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Charlie Sweeny said...

Hi, Tim...it's Charlie Sweeny...vocalist with Ash Samara...howdy! When/where did you do sound for us? - cs@charliesweeny.com

12:30 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Hi Charlie,
long time ! 37 years almost.

Yeah I worked with Steve Davis at Acoustic Dynamics. We did your show at CSM out behind the cafeteria, and also you played a grand opening/ground breaking in the east bay, maybe Fremont out in an open field.I think there was a radio station there as well.

I loved your music, great mix of rock and progressive. Any chance you have any old tapes ?

Feel free to email me @ flamenco4me@gmail.com

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Guitar Lessons

Guitar Lessons

I teach guitar at all levels. Styles taught are flamenco, blues, Latin, rock and new age. Electric or acoustic guitars are welcome. I teach students ages 10 years old to adult.

Contact Now
Brought to you by thumbtack.com