Adventures in music creation

A place to talk about music and flamenco.

Thursday, June 02, 2011

New Microphone

Hi,
Traded a bunch of my mics for a condenser microphone. I am hoping to make a bunch of new recording soon. Right now my guitar pickup is dead, and no cash to replace it. At the same time my amp is broken so I have to do all recordings acoustically right now.


Anyway the mic is a Rode NT2, the original version. It is made in Australia and sounds fantastic. I have used a Shure SM-58, SM-57, an EV- PL-76, an EV-PL-77B, a AKG C 451, a Shure BG-41, and an AKG 414 buls in the past. This microphone is quite sensitive and captures all the details the other mic missed or blurred. I hope to be posting new recordings soon.

I am running this mic through a Bellari RP220 tube mic preamp with a Voodoo lab upgrade. Very nice sound, smooth and old timey but with a nice sizzle on the top end.
My compressor is a Bellari RP583, tube optical compressor again with a Voodoo lab upgrade. Very smooth and airy.
Finally these get fed into a Teac A-3440 tape deck for that tape compression.

The Teac goes into my M-Audio Delta 2 in 2 out sound card. My recording software Sonar cakewalk version 8.

I use mainly outboard effects with a few software plug-ins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Guitar Lessons

Guitar Lessons

I teach guitar at all levels. Styles taught are flamenco, blues, Latin, rock and new age. Electric or acoustic guitars are welcome. I teach students ages 10 years old to adult.

Contact Now
Brought to you by thumbtack.com